Providing individualized services and support to people with disabilities and older adults at home in their community. Comfort Care Health Care provides services to individuals with disabilities of all ages, as well as older adults. The services provide support for the independence of the individual and offer the highest quality care when needed. Whether it is a self-directed program of Personal Care Assistance or a Basic 245D Waiver Service, we provide home health care with the personalized attention of a skilled nurse or home health aide as well as providing customized living services in assisted living facilities. We offer these services throughout the state of Minnesota.
Who We Are
As a provider of healthcare services in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Comfort Care Health Care strives to serve individuals of all ages who have a developmental disability, illness, or injury. Our support services help them maintain their independence and dignity. Our care options are always available whenever assistance is required — be it with personal care, self-directed program, or basic 245D Waiver Services, such as skilled nursing or customized living programs in assisted living facilities.
Comfort Care Health Care Inc. is here to help your loved one manage their daily life with the support they need.
Whether it is assistance with meal preparation, hygiene, home care, community involvement, overall wellness, etc. we are here to help!
Assisting your loved one in managing a healthy lifestyle is our top priority.
At Comfort Care Health Care Inc., we will pair you with an individual that best fits your needs.
Why Choose Us?
Through the years:
- We are able to help individuals live independently at home.
- We have highly experienced Personal Care Assistants and Registered Nurses who are best in class and share one goal with us — to deliver well-coordinated, quality healthcare services.
- Our professionals, such as PCAs and support staff, are paid high with competitive wages.
How to get started:
1. We will meet with the client and their family for an in-home assessment and visit. During this visit, we want to learn about your day-to-day needs and how your lifestyle is being affected by your symptoms so that together we can develop a customized plan of care for our team to follow.
2. After your in-home assessment, you will need an appointment with the county to do an assessment and see what you qualify for.
County Assessment Line:
- Hennepin County: 612-348-4111 (dial 4 for PCA option)
- Ramsey County: 651-266-3613
- If you live in another county give us a call and we will provide you with that county number
3. Have you already received your county assessment? If not, please call the above number and schedule an appointment with the county.
4. If you already have your assessment completed, give us a call and we can help you fill out the proper forms to get you into Comfort Care Health Care Inc.
5. We are here to serve you.
Give us a call today to take the necessary steps needed to get your services provided.
What are the Required Qualifications for PCAs?
- The Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) must:
- Be able to provide the authorized cares found in the client’s care plan.
- Pass a criminal background check, and qualify for a PCA provider number from the Minnesota Department of Human services.
- Be willing to enter into a written agreement with the client and the PCA Choice provider that outlines their roles and responsibilities.
- Comply with current state laws and regulations regarding PCA services.
- Be 18 years old, or be 16 or 17 years old with additional training.
Proudly Serving areas of:
- St. Paul Minneapolis and the Central Twin Cities Metro
- Brooklyn Center
- Brooklyn Park
- Columbia Heights
- Mounds View
- New Brighton
- St. Louis Park
PCA CHOICE OPTION:
Personal Care Choice is a program which empowers individuals to independently recruit, hire and train the PCAs who provide their care.
The PCA Choice option gives individuals a greater level of responsibility in managing their own care while providing an accra fiscal intermediary to assist in handling the employment and management-related functions of their PCA. The PCA Choice provider jointly employs the PCA, bills for the services and pays the PCA and the qualified professional.
Your responsibilities as a client/responsible party of PCA Choice Services?
- Recruiting, hiring and training the PCA staff.
- Providing back-up staff as needed.
- Providing daily supervision and scheduling PCA staff.
- Monitoring and evaluating PCA staff.
- Maintaining documentation of the PCA tasks and services.
- Verifying and signing PCAs timesheets.